Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/1

The first part of the storm has been a dud. With only mist in the air, I set up shop at the viaduct on Avenue Z, and met the same results as the past few days - bupkis. But there were a few positives today. Frank M, who grew up around the corner from me on Bay 38th and was the starting center on the 1973 Lafayette team, liked Close to the Edge enough to order Adjustments and A Hitch in Twilight. Thank you, sir. I got payment from Zoom surveys in the form of the wide screen DVD of Batman Begins, which I will attempt to sell for seven bucks on the street. It lists for $8 + tax and shipping at amazon. I also had another windfall from the survey sites that pay in gift certificates. I buzz my hair the first of each month. Don't laugh - it has saved me $20 every six weeks for the past four years. I finally ran out of the clipper's lubricant, which I bought today with my GC balance at amazon. Pretty good day overall. If only the storm is not too severe. The Midwest is battening down the hatches. I just saw a Facebook post from my friend Judy, who lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She's ready. Unfortunately, I saw another post on the sudden passing of an 18-year-old, the son of a broker at NYMEX. It puts everything in perspective, doesn't it? The unfairness of such an event makes one want to scream and tear hair out. Any joy is tainted by the thought of this outrage. Sympathy for Bill and family. RIP, BJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment