Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/22

No sales today, but I did meet a young woman I've passed in the hall of our building for ages. Vivian is a beautiful blond that has a leg or foot deformity. She walks with a pronounced limp. I always wondered about her. She once knocked on my door and tried to sell me a stuffed doll at an outrageous price. I assumed she was a slow learner, not quite right in the head. How wrong I was - at least about the former. She is so well-spoken. She asked what I was doing and I gave her the run down, including my past life as a data entry supervisor in the wacky world of commodity futures. I asked if she were 20 yet. She said she was way past it. She could pass for a teenager. She is involved in a nutrition company called Vemma. I just visited her Facebook page. It says she is living in California. I wonder if that's true. It may be, as I don't see her often. Or maybe she's trying to create an online business persona. She listed her sports' interests as horseback riding and volleyball. Here is a quote she lives by: "I am a visionary. I am a spiritual leader who is here to be your guiding light of TRUTH in your life." She cites her devotion to God. She asked if I knew anyone interested in online marketing, which she described as the wave of the future, and handed me her card. I think she hoped to recruit me. I said I'd keep an ear out. And she went off to Manhattan to work out and meet with friends. I haven't seen her mom, a beautiful Russian woman, in a while. I always wondered if she were married, as I never saw her with a husband. Vivian said he passed away years ago and that her mom was now working full time. I still don't know what to make of this young beauty with the face of a madonna, skin woman would kill for. I'm just glad I finally got to know something about her.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment