Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/15

No luck on the street today. I did witness two incidences of road rage as I stood there trying to ignore the cold wind. In the first I heard a loud rant from behind me. I didn't see the guy until he raised up from the driver's window of a car waiting for the change of light on Avenue Z. He walked back to and entered his own car. About 15 minutes later a woman was making a left from Z onto East 13th. I don't know if the light was yellow or if she merely lost concentration or if she were simply being arrogant, but a car skidded to within inches of her SUV. When she turned onto the street, the guy followed, cut her off, stormed out of his car and pounded on her hood and screamed at her. If it had been me, I'd have muttered under my breath and been grateful no damage had been done. It's scary how vehicles accelerate anger in some people, usually males.
There's an interesting video going around from the demonstrations in Egypt. Some are calling it the appearance of the biblical Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse. My guess is it's some kind of glitch. It's not likely a hoax, as it is from a direct news feed. It is spooky. You can decide for yourself by clicking here:
http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/02/13/horseman-apocalypse-shows-cairo
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment