Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/6

No luck on the street. It was a gorgeous day except for the mounds of unsightly snow that are everywhere. They look as if they've been used as ashtrays. The scoundrels in office are putting alternate side regulations back into effect tomorrow, which is ludicrous. There is no way the side streets can be cleaned. On Bay 37th there are several mounds at least six feet high. On my block, East 13th, the mounds are smaller but there are layers of black ice everywhere, some of it more than a foot thick. A lot of us park on top of it. I've had good luck finding spots this weekend, although I was worried about damaging the bottom of my car today backing over a thick, unyielding hump. At least we're getting some melt every day. And I won't have to lug the books very far manana.
Anyway, it's Super Bowl Sunday and my friends Adam and Sharon have again invited me to their annual soiree. They live right around the corner. There will be good food and good conversation, mostly centered around films. I'll get the latest update on my old work place, where Adam is one of the few survivors. I'm not a fan of either the Steelers or Packers, although I'd rather see Green Bay win. I've seen each team win enough championships to not be particularly interested in the outcome. I don't know the music of the Fugees, although Fergie's picture is frequently in the New York Post, so maybe there will be a surprise there. I'm not as enthusiastic about the ads as some people are, although some are clever. But it's Americana - and I love America.
Enjoy. Please don't drink and drive.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment