Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/10

No luck in the god-awful cold. Did get another large donation from Arlynn via a third party - lots of popular novels, including about ten by Danielle Steele.
I got a call from the made man this morning. He was checking to see if the actor I sent the treatment too had responded to the offer of a sit down between lawyers for the signing of a confidentiality agreement. It seems the MM has drawn interest from Robert DeNiro and Ron Howard, and hopes to have them bid against each other, and he didn't want to act until he'd heard from me. That's the type of juice the project needs and deserves. If the story is true, it has blockbuster potential. The MM vowed to ban the actor in question from the project - if he ever finds out who it is. He wants to meet on Saturday. I'm hoping he doesn't need me any more, although I had dreamed of scoring a finder's fee. I just don't have the juice he needs. I hope he doesn't ask me who the actor in question is. I don't believe the guy would steal the material. After all, the treatment is only about 20 pages, and the guy has no shortage of script offers. He has more than 60 credits, including memorable turns on ER and Law & Order. He has shared screen time with Cage, Kidman, Bulluck and Damon. I tried to make the MM understand that actors make mistakes like this all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy wound up in the thing. He has played gangsters before. The MM's writer is now 400 pages into the book. It looks like it will be more than 1000. I'd doubted that. Maybe it will be the War and Peace of mob stories. It would have to be a mini series.
Read Vic's stories: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment