Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 1/31

Couldn't please the public today. Got a lot of looks but no takers even from a couple of my regulars.
We are on the brink of another storm: snow, then sleet, then rain over the next few days. Three to six inches is predicted. Why do I get the feeling it will be all snow? It is said the brunt will miss us. Why do I feel it will change course and hit us square in the kisser? Why do I feel that if it does turn to rain it will be worse than snow because of potential flooding? Why - because it's one of those winters, that's why. Good riddance January 2011. According to the forecast, temperatures will remain below 40 for the first week of February. That, I believe. We're not getting even a brief thaw this season. The ground hog will not see his shadow. I haven't moved the car since last Tuesday. I see what people go through to park as I'm standing at the floating bookshop. One guy said he waited three hours for a spot to become available. It's not worth it. At least I'm saving on gas money. I expect it to be four bucks a gallon soon. And nobody should be surprised if it goes to five if things deteriorate further in Egypt. Who will fill the vacuum once the dictator is out? Pray it is a democracy or something that will lead to it. Given that it is the middle east, I'm not optimistic. One pundit describe it as the Arabs' genius for failure, going on at least a thousand years. I'm sure the left is thrilled that gas prices are rising. This may panic many into supporting alternative sources. Only problem with that is that they are not cost effective. Maybe one day they will be, but we could really lessen our dependence on foreign oil by drilling for our own in The Alaskan Preserve, off-shore and in North Dakota, where some believe we have Saudi Arabia underground.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment