Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 1/23

It was 20 degrees when I left the house. I decided to play it by ear - if I found a favorable parking spot and if the wind wasn't too severe, I'd set up shop. Everything worked out except the sales. I put in three hours and even my toes weren't that cold. I thank the old-timer who bought the coffee table book commemorating the 37th anniversary of Parade magazine.
About ten days ago I ran across an article in the New York Post concerning the benefits of vinegar, which included the easing of arthritis. Certain I was falling for an old wives table, I purchased a store brand bottle for $1.25. Of course, I can't be certain that it has done the trick, but the pain in my hip has diminished by at least 50%. Walking still feels funky, but I haven't taken any ibuprofen in that entire period. The week before I had to take it on consecutive nights, the pain so severe I couldn't sleep. I suppose it's just as likely the turnaround has come from rest. I've curtailed my morning stroll considerably, and the weather has either prevented me from setting up the floating bookshop or kept me within 100 yards of home. I haven't had to lug the books very far. Whatever it is, I will keep using the vinegar until it has been proven ineffective. I don't overdo it, using no more than an ounce. I know - it sounds insane.
Check this out - I found an error in my checking account - $900 in my favor! How I was off by that much is a complete mystery. Chalk it up to a senior moment.
Good luck Jets fans.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment