Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 1/22

Brrrr! I hope to open the floating bookshop tomorrow - if the sun is out and the wind isn't too severe. Meanwhile, here's my latest review, posted at amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem from the Valentines, January 22, 2011
I just finished the 2010 edition of Literary House Review. Victoria and Phaedra Valentine have put together another wonderful collection of poetry, short stories and art, featuring the work of Pushcart Prize nominees Russell H. Krauss, Brian Landis, Hope Houghton, Stephanie Pope, T.K. Lee and Nibedita Sen, as well as others aspiring to accolades. In the riveting "Losing Her Fear of Humans," Rachel Luria has somehow found fresh spin for the book-world's most overworked genre. "The Shaman and the Nutcase" is an amusing trip to a shrink's office, wonderfully written by George Wilson. I loved the twist in Stephen Frentzos "The Hunting Trip." There are 20 short stories and 27 poems in all, presented in a reader-friendly format well worth an investment.

Full disclosure: My story, "Oblivious," appears in the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment