Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 3/27

It's still ten degrees colder than normal for this time of year, despite brilliant sunshine. I'm still using six layers to ward off the wind.
I'd like to thank the kind lover of non-fiction who purchased a large pictorial book on the American indian yesterday. It prompted me to put out a book on ET's and another on the secrets of pyramids and such. No one showed any interest in them today. A wheel-chair bound woman and her male companion did scoop up all the remaining Patricia Cornwell novels, part of Joanne's donation, which is almost all gone. I felt a little guilty charging her. She did not look well. It's just another reminder of how lucky most of us are. Thanks, folks.
I was just about to close shop when a guy rolled up in his car, double-parked, and approached with two plastic bags filled with books. I was so surprised I don't recall if I thanked him. There are a lot of children's books among the donation, and also two of James Patterson's novels, and two in the Twilight series, a hard and soft cover of each. He also left a child's arts and crafts piece and one of those things hung on a wall, a quotation inscribed upon it: Keep a Dream in Your Heart. My dream, of course, is to sell copies of my own books.
So how did your NCAA tournament bracketology work out this year? Better than mine, I hope. Fortunately, I no longer pay to play, as I did while working at the Exchange. Heck, I ran my own pool for several years to earn some extra money. These days I enter a free one online at Survey Spot. I had Butler losing their first game, certain last year's amazing run was a fluke. And would even VCU alumni have had them winning more than once let alone reaching the Final Four? I guess the fact that so many players leave school after one or two years evens the overall competition out. It is truly March Madness and more fun than ever.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment