Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 3/25

It was a gorgeous afternoon and dreary evening, just the opposite of yesterday. Fortunately, the wind was calm. Thanks to the kind lady who purchased the Danielle Steel novels.
I've been asked to do a review for a forthcoming short story collection by Eric Tessier. Victoria Valentine, the publisher of Water Forest Press, which issued my second novel, Adjustments, asked and I couldn't refuse. She has published eleven of my stories through the years and a twelfth is scheduled for the next edition of Skyline Review. I might have given up the literary quest long ago if not for her. Only one thing worries me about the task - suppose I don't like the stories? I've already read the first and didn't get it. It was about a dead couple that liked being dead and did not want to be brought back to life. At least I think that's what it was about. I don't want to fake a rave. I don't know if there really is such a thing as karma, but I like to think there is. When positive deeds are not rewarded with good karma, it's okay because good deeds are a reward in themselves. But the prospect of foul deeds resulting in bad karma is daunting. I hope I have the resolve to say I can't give the book a glowing review, if that proves to be the case. And I hope it wouldn't cost a friendship I value so highly.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment