Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Writer's Life 11/6 - The Wait Is Almost Over

I performed my civic duty early this morning, despite the fact that voting is a thankless task for a conservative in NY, although Dan Donovan has a shot at keeping his house seat. Still, it's fun to vote against the likes of Cuomo, Gillebrand, the party of Schumer. The one Republican I didn't vote for is Marty Golden, who demonstrated an ego-maniacal sense of entitlement recently regarding his driving and parking habits. I wrote in Rudy Giuliani, as I did in those cases where Dems were unopposed.  There were seven judges on the ballot, three listed across all party lines. I voted for the four who were not on the ultra-liberal Working Families line. The place was buzzing. Shelley, Barb, and Stu, who I see regularly on the street, were working. Matt was done the same time as me. He was on his way to the private school he runs. He's a money magnet. Work seems to find him even now that he's in his 70's. He said he used to take Election Day off from whatever job he had in order to bring in extra money, at least in the days before a W-2 came with the stipend and taxes were deducted. I'm surprised by two news issues: the lack of caravan violence, which I thought would be timed to affect voting, and the silence from the Special Counsel. If Mueller has not issued a bombshell to avoid affecting the outcome of the election, kudos. If he has nothing on the President, even better.


Imagine being on the jury in the trial of drug lord El Chapo. Scary. 

I've been using an over the air antenna for a few months, and I'm satisfied with it even though it doesn't bring in ABC or the WB. Suddenly a bunch of new stations have popped up. Maybe whatever sends the signal shifts around in space. Last night while browsing I came upon a fairly hardcore crime film that captured me, no commercials. I didn't recognize the language. Finally, a trophy the murderous villain earned was shown and the subtitle included the word "Swedish." The channel is WNDT, 17-1, an affiliate of PBS. At ten I was torn between sticking with it or moving on to Manifest on NBC. I'm glad I chose the latter. The show remains interesting. At eleven I again hit the remote, and the aforementioned film was being rebroadcast, the title translating to Zero Tolerance, which came out in 1999.

At the moment it looks like the Patriots will not have an easy path to the Super Bowl in the AFC. The Chiefs, Chargers and Steelers are all playing very well. And in the NFC the Saints have shown the Rams are not unbeatable.

Yesterday the floating book shop was stymied by the lack of parking. Today it was heavy rain. Since no cash came my way the past two days, I made the long walk to the closest HSBC ATM. At least the car's in the most favorable spot for the next two days, which are supposed to be clear. I found another task to fill time and keep from climbing the walls - dusting under my futon bed. What fun.
 My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/Vic-Fortezza/e/B002M4NLJE

No comments:

Post a Comment