Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2018

The Writer's Life 11/29 - Stanley Stolz & Co.


This may restore your faith in humanity. From foxnews.com, edited by yours truly: Vietnam vet Stanley Stolz, 73, passed away on November 18th. The Omaha World-Herald ran this notice. "Public invited to cemetery to honor Vietnam veteran with no known family. Interment at Omaha National Cemetery on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 2 pm." Word spread around social media and was picked up by news networks. Cemetery officials estimated that between 1500 and 2000 people turned out. RIP, sir. Thank you.


Although I love the way the President has warned Dems about harassment by threatening to declassify files damaging to their brethren, there's no doubt in my mind they will throw those folks under the proverbial bus, since most no longer hold positions in the government. Politics will diminish your faith in humanity.

Oops. John Senden, 47, suffered a mishap on the first tee of the Australian PGA Championship. Here's a pic:


The break caused him to completely miss the ball. He was assessed a one-shot penalty and made bogey on the hole. By rule, the club cannot be replaced during the round. Playing without a driver, he shot an even par 72, six shots behind the leaders, two who have yet to finish. The native of Brisbane has earned more than $22 million at the game. He turned pro in 1992.

I didn't make a decision on the location of the floating book shop until the last moment. The wind wasn't as strong as it'd been and the sun was out, and since the most favorable parking spot was open, I set up at my usual nook. Of course, the clouds rolled in during hour three. My thanks to the woman who bought two books in Russian, and to the female postal worker who purchased three DVD's. I usually have the display curbside. Since I wanted the least distance between my car and the goods, I chose the opposite side closest to the corner, hoping no one from the building's management would show and demand I move. I got away with it. Here's what it looked like:


No comments:

Post a Comment