Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Writer's Life 11/27 - Forecasts

It would be great if Presidents could focus entirely on domestic matters. Unfortunately, bad actors across the globe pose distractions. Trump was placed between a rock and a hard place concerning Saudi Arabia, drawing heat from those who don't have to deal with the situation. Now Putin is again up to no good. No matter what Trump does in these cases - or any other - the know-it-alls will bash him. What would they do in his place? It's so easy to criticize when one doesn't have to make a decision. I wonder if he ever wishes he hadn't run for office.

Will record online sales make up for the drop in store-shopping? Last year, stunned by the number of packages delivered to our building, I was sure fourth quarter growth would be brisk. It came in at only 2.6%. Will that again be the case in 2018? Will the damage done by Hurricane Michael and the California fires keep this year's number low? 

Chargers' QB Phillip Rivers may never make it to the Super Bowl, but he will probably be a first ballot Hall of Famer. His excellence was on display once again Sunday when he completed his first 25 passes, an NFL single game record. It tied a record Miami's Ryan Tannehill previously held alone, 25 straight completions in a two-game span. 35, in his 15th season, father of seven, Rivers has been to seven Pro Bowls and will finish in the top ten in many categories. Kudos.


With the wind blowing hard at my usual nook, I took the show to an alternate site, hoping the sunshine that had been forecast would negate the cold. Only one problem, it was overcast the entire three-plus hours I was there. I sat in my car periodically. I stayed longer than usual, hoping someone would finally come along and buy a book, DVD or CD. After I'd surrendered and began packing up, an angel approached and purchased The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. I asked for a buck. She gave me ten. My thanks, young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment