Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Writer's Life 11/28 - Perpsectives

Perspective: During the Obama administration, tear gas was used on the border 26 times in 2012, 27 in 2013, 15 in 2014, eight in 2015, and three times in 2016. That compares to 18 times in 2017 and 29 times in 2018 during the Trump administration. I found the following cartoon at briansolis.com:


For years MLB's brass has been trying to find a way to speed up games. The thinking on that has suddenly changed, according to an article at Yahoo Sports. Here's a snippet: "Gambling could turn baseball’s pace-of-play from something people complained about into something gamblers love. We all know sports fans who will bet on anything, and baseball offers dozens of micro bets per inning and hundreds of micro bets per game. This could single-handedly bring more eyes to baseball than any rule change ever could." SMH & LOL at once.

The Feds have issued another dire warning on the environment. In the interest of equal time, here's a link to text of the late George Carlin's take on the issue:
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/251836-we-re-so-self-important-everybody-s-going-to-save-something-now-save

Woke up at 4:15 AM. Needed something to do, so I started, three days early, the third and, hopefully, final proofing of the file of the novel I intend to self-publish in January. Minor changes to the first 19 pages.

I haven't had a colonoscopy since about 2006. Although I have no symptoms, my doctor insisted I get one. I set it up for early January this morning at a clinic within walking distance of my apartment. To my surprise, the doctor said I looked a lot younger than my age. I'd thought that was history. Although my body looks a lot fitter than it is, my hair is now almost completely gray and my neck sags.

The first half of today's session of the floating book shop was a snap, as there was enough sunshine to take the sting out of the cold. Then the clouds rolled in. Since my car was right beside the display, I was able to sit in it for a while a couple of times. My thanks to the young woman who bought a French instruction textbook, and to the gentleman who purchased a sci-fi paperback and Walter Moseley's Charcoal Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment