Total Pageviews

Monday, November 5, 2018

The Writer's Life 11/5 - Celestial, Terrestrial, Aquatic


From foxnews.com, edited by yours truly: The Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics says the above celestial object may be "a lightsail of artificial origin" sent from another civilization, or debris from advanced technological equipment. Called Oumuamua, which is Hawaiian for "scout," the most exotic theory is that it "may be a fully operational probe sent intentionally to Earth vicinity by an alien civilization." Its speed varies.

One day to go. The most interesting election ever follows the most surprising. The left has galvanized and will have a huge turnout. The question is whether its antics, and the promising economic stats have galvanized the right. I believe anyone who votes to undermine President Trump is seriously misguided, regardless of the tweets. His accomplishments have been impressive. Although my gut tells me the results will be surprising, I'm probably only wishing they will be so, but savvy people don't usually vote against their wallets.

Cue the Jimmy Durante song whose lyrics were written by Ben Ryan in 1933, music by the Schnozz: "Inka dinka do." Here's a great pic of the surprise a guy got from the squid he caught:


The floating book shop was stymied today by parking. I was unable to get the car close enough to my usual nook for even a partial showcase. The old Hundai is two blocks away. The area beneath the scaffold remained dry, but the long back and forths I used to do with the crates are history. At this stage of my life, I err on the side of caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment