Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 3/13

I just did some research at IMDb on Kirk Cameron, the actor who starred on the TV series Growing Pains, which I've never seen. I'm not a fan of sitcoms. I was curious if I'd seen him in a film or as a guest star on a series. I haven't. He did a radio interview with the Happy Conservative Warrior, Mike Gallagher, this morning. He has been in the news lately, attacked by the left as a bigot and homophobe. Gallagher introduced him using a recent quote he'd made eloquently defending himself: "I should be able to express moral views on social issues, especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years — without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square." Cameron, a devout Christian, has six children, four adopted. He is the producer of the forthcoming documentary Monumental, which examines the meaning of America. I applaud him for having the guts to speak out. When Political Man visits the floating bookshop spouting his leftist paranoia, as he did today, I let him spew without defending those on the right.
The most amusing story of the day concerns Tide detergent, which is being stolen from store shelves and sold on a black market. Does this have any larger meaning in terms of the economy, or is it just an oddity that will disappear now that it has been discovered and security measures will be instituted?
The quote of the day comes from Leonardo DiCaprio: "I realize that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that’s the end of it. You have to realize we are just clowns for hire."
The fakest current controversy concerns having to present a photo ID at voting centers. We present such identification frequently in day to day life. What's the big deal? Is the vehemence of leftists on this proof that they have the most to gain from voter fraud? I've been asked for ID when I've voted. I was happy to show it.
I thank the Merry Mailwoman, who purchased two thrillers today, and the gentleman who purchased a book in Russian. The session was cut short when a work crew showed and began demolishing what is left of the nearby bus shelter, damaged a week ago by a car.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment