Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 31, 2019

The Writer's Life 1/31 - Deliveries

Given the temperatures across America this week, how many lives are being saved by fossil fuels? How many have been saved throughout history? Kudos to those who developed the use of them, and to those who manufactured and distributed them, and to those who continue to do so. One day they may longer be used. Until then they will continue saving lives worldwide. Let's hope the left, which will likely dominate policy once Trump is gone and perhaps sooner, won't bail on them prematurely, putting people at risk.


A Mexican national was arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents on Saturday with enough fentanyl to potentially kill 57 million Americans. Kudos.

Trump continues to be the most transformative president ever. In his desire to withdraw from Afghanistan and Syria, he changed doves to hawks. Now, following his criticism of upper echelon national security appointees, he's turned the left, formerly constant critics of their work, into supporters of it. Noting the falling poll numbers, talk radio host Mark Simone said Trump is still much more popular than the other politicians on the national stage. Amusing, but the others only have to win in their own backyards and will likely continue to be supported by their constituencies.

I took my morning walk despite the temperature. I went out again at ten-thirty to perform a few tasks. To my relief, my car started - without hesitation. I guess the de-icer I poured into it last week is still working. If the forecast is correct, I won't have to pour in more when I fill up this weekend. As I expected, the recycling room at Stop n Shop was empty on this frigid day. I was home by eleven. I worked a bit on my taxes, then did a DIY on my hair. Today's crossword was too easy, taking about a half hour. With so much time to fill, I made a new ad for my books at Windows Movie Maker, incorporating Inside Out into the mix. That ate up a couple of hours, as I'd forgotten much of the procedure, including having to convert the file to one acceptable at youtube. Here it is:
https://youtu.be/MXsyxc2qgYk

Unfortunately, the warmup won't begin until Saturday, so it looks like tomorrow will be a long day, as I will pass on the floating book shop - at least I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment