Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2019

The Writer's Life 1/14 - Role Reversals

Trump continues to be the most transformative president ever. Recently, his proposals to withdraw American troops from Syria and Afghanistan turned doves into hawks, and now, regarding the latest uncorroborated NY Times accusation involving Russia, he's turned the left into McCarthyites. Laughter is stifled by sadness.


While NYC prospers despite high taxes and regulatory burdens, the rest of the state continues to struggle, as manifested by the following from the Fast Takes column in today's NY Post: Since 2010, census shows that population has fallen in 42 of 50 upstate counties.

What was that about the Patriots being dead? And now on to Kansas City and Andy Reid's dismal playoff coaching record. Let's not forget that somehow Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, arguably the greatest ever in their respective roles, not once but twice in the Super Bowl. I'd love to see the Pats lose, but I would not be at all surprise if they win ... Lady luck, so cruel to the Saints in last year's playoffs, was very kind to them yesterday. Nick Foles almost pulled out another victory. It will be interesting to see how the Eagles handle their QB situation. They may have to stick with the injury prone Carson Wentz, who has a long term contract. The Giants should make a serious run at Foles, who I believe is a free agent.

I've found two errors in the first 44 pages of the third proof copy of Inside Out, an unnecessary comma and the lack of "ed" at the end of a word. If I don't spot many more, I will make corrections to the Word file, resubmit, and immediately approve the book for publication, and buy a copy. I will buy a few copies of Close to the Edge at the same time to qualify for free shipping. It has been sold out for months. I will wait until the books arrive to see that nothing weird happened to IO in what I hope will be the final submission. If it looks good, I will then announce its publication. At the risk of jinxing myself, the end is in sight.

No luck selling books on this gorgeous winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment