Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Writer's Life 1/24 - BB, RG & IO

A new record has been set in single home acquisition. The previous record was $137 for a Hampton's estate. A hedge fund titan blew past that figure recently, plunking down $238 million for four stories at 220 Central Park South, which is still under construction. A world traveler, he's not even going to live there full time. The property has been dubbed The Billionaire's Bunker. It's dead center in this pic:


From Yahoo Sports, edited by yours truly: After three years at the University of Michigan, defensive lineman Rashan Gary is leaving school a year early and is expected to be a first-round draft choice. He is taking a novel approach to representation - he has started his own agency. He is the CEO of the five-person organization, which also includes his mom and Ian Clarke, a certified agent who will negotiate contracts. This sharp guy is already looking down the road past his playing days, which, given the rigors of the NFL, can end quickly and mercilessly. Montre Gregory, a DB out of Bowling Green, became the first prospect to sign with the fledgling agency. Here's Gary in maize and blue. Weird number for a DL:


Inside Out is now available: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1731131259/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1 Kindle $1, print $10.20.
What are my concerns? They have nothing to do with the novel itself. The print version's font in 10-point, small by today's standards. I wanted to do it in eleven, but the page count went just above 299 and caused problems on Amazon's end that I didn't know how to address, and I wasn't about to edit out any of the narrative to get below 300. As I was thumbing through the copy last evening, I was relieved that no problems had arisen on the printing end. I did find an error, however. There are eight references on the last page. I'd assumed I'd changed the page numbers when I went to 10-point. I didn't - duh! They are way off, but I'm not going through the process again for that. I will do that only if readers spot many errors in the text. Here again is the blurb. The warning is not a publicity ploy. Those averse to such content should heed it:


The floating book shop was rained out. I filled a lot of time by adding the book to various websites. I put all ten books on the floor and took this picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment