Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 11/24

Today we pause to give thanks, and the first we praise are the men and women of the armed services, many of whom will be spending the day overseas, apart from their loved ones.
Thanks to the fire fighters, police offices, judges and prosecutors who vie to keep us safe.
Thanks to my family, which has always supported and nurtured me.
Thanks to the women I've loved.
Thanks to my friends, who have made my life so much richer.
Thanks to the wonderful artists worldwide who provide diversion from life's trials and tribulations, and valuable insight into the human condition. Special thanks to the creators of MI5. From its chilling opening theme, I am hooked by the no nonsense, compelling story lines, and fearful that one of its heroes may meet his/her demise. Malcolm, the tech whiz, recently retired, exhausted by years of fighting monsters. I worry that the lovely Jo will eventually have a nervous breakdown or commit suicide. It is a modern horror tale, expertly done.
Thanks to everyone who has purchased my books.
Thanks to those who have patronized and donated books to the floating bookshop.
Thanks to everyone who reads this blog.
Thanks to Arlynn and Bob for providing me work to help meet expenses. Special thanks to Bob for not getting bent out of shape about my editing of his second novel, The White Bridge.
Thanks to the publishers of my books: AuthorHouse, Phil & Deb Harris of All Things That Matter Press, and Water Forest Press, headed by my literary angel, Victoria Valentine.
Thanks to Amazon.com for allowing me to post my third novel, Killing, directly to Kindle. It is unlikely it would have ever been accepted by any print publisher, given its controversial climax.
Thanks to Luis, Frankie and Pedro, our building's crackerjack maintenance crew.
And thanks to anyone I have overlooked.
Happy Thanksgiving. Long live America.

1 comment: