Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 11/10

Ta-da! My latest novel, Killing is now available on Amazon Kindle, only $2.99. Here's the url:
http://tinyurl.com/bt6a9uy
I had a great day yesterday in Jersey. My great niece/godchild, Danielle, received her confirmation - and a lot of money. My sister's nephew, Anthony, served as her sponsor. Dr. Anthony has made us all proud. He has spent his career in the U.S. Army and recently became a Deacon. After the ceremony, he received a text from his commanding officer. A plane was arriving at Fort Dix from Iraq at 8:30 and he had to be there. He sees to soldiers coming from and going overseas. He is frequently separated from his wife and kids, who still live in Brooklyn. His daughter just began college, studying Nursing. His mom, Christina, used to call him Nini. I remember losing patience with her long ago, before any of her five children were born, for making me wash behind my ears before a holiday dinner. She and her husband, Frank, did a marvelous job raising their children: Rita, Anthony, Lisa, Maria and John. I think that's the right order. As I get older, I respect more and more those people who did things right. My mom used to describe Frank as a pinello, which I've probably misspelled. I understand it as someone beyond reproach, an example for all to follow. Kudos to a great family.
Danielle's choice for dinner was a Chinese buffet. I wasn't thrilled. I hadn't had Chinese food since about 1997 when the Exchange was still housed at Four World Trade Center. I came back from lunch at Eat and Run and people said I looked yellow. Soon my feet began hurting. Suddenly I realized I felt icky after every meal there - duh! From that day forward I've sworn off MSG. I'm happy to report that last night's meal didn't make me sick. I was stuffed, though. I mixed too many foods and topped it off with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment