Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 11/4

Someone posted the above chart on Facebook yesterday. I imagine the divide will become wider as OWS becomes more and more absurd each day. Let's just hope no one is killed.
RIP Matty Alou, 72, who had a lifetime batting average of .307 and won the NL batting title in 1966 with a mark of .342. His brother Felipe finished second. Jesus also played in the major leagues. The three were in the first wave of the influx of Dominicans in MLB. They hold unique records as a combination: they occupied all three outfield positions in the same game in 1963 for the San Francisco Giants, and all three came to bat in the same half inning against the Mets that same year, the only time a trio of brothers has accomplished these things. They also hold the record for hits by brothers. The DiMaggios, Joe, Vince and Dom, are second.
I must have listened to the wrong weather forecast last night. It was brutal outside today thanks to a strong wind. I cut the session short by an hour. I was fortunate to sell a novel in Russian to an elderly couple, who asked if I would accept books from them in the future. Spasibo, folks.
I finally finished the third round of editing of Bob Rubenstein's second novel, The White Bridge. What a relief! Now I can concentrate on posting my own novel, Killing, to Kindle. I began the process this afternoon. It is not going to be as fast as I'd hoped. Since my laptop's writing program is Works, I will have to convert the file, which I had saved to PDF, to Word. Kindle works best with Word. I also had to create title and dedication pages, which was easy. Fortunately, Amazon has a guide on how to do the requirements properly. The conversion caused huge gaps between the pages. I have to close them. And the paragraphs require indentation, which I should be able to do in one swoop. A lot of publishers want no indentation. I will still have to go through the entire manuscript. I consider it my best work and I want as few errors as possible. I have no idea how long it will take, but it should be nowhere near as long as it took me to do Bob's book.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment