Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 11/7

I put in a few hours today on posting my next novel, Killing, to Kindle. Unfortunately, I encountered some problems, two of which were corrected easily. The first involved the formatting of the title and dedication pages, which were spaced incorrectly. The second was basic. I assumed both a front and back cover would be needed. Since that is not the case, I decided to use the image from the back cover, which shows the 18th Av./Cristoforo Columbo Blvd. street sign more clearly. The third problem has me worried. When a page begins with a new paragraph, there is no indentation. This may confuse readers in some cases, and make me look like an incompetent. I checked my file and, as I expected, the formatting was correct. I couldn't have screwed it up so many times. I just sent a note to Amazon. Hopefully, there will be a simple solution. I tried to upload an html correction file, but my laptop didn't recognize it. Other than that, the Kindle file looks great. If there's no solution, I will post as is and hope readers realize the format transfer was the problem and not me.
At the risk of jinxing them, I've under-rated the Giants. It seems they've lucked into another good TE in Jake Ballard. I expected them to lose by at least ten yesterday and wouldn't have been surprised if they lost five in a row, given the difficulty of the upcoming schedule. It also looks as if the Jets have  found their mojo. Maybe the shortened training camp affected them negatively. It's only halfway, and the NFL power grid seems to shift every few weeks except for the one constant - the Packers, and injuries are such a big part of success, although Green Bay disproved that too last year, so there's no telling what will happen in the long run.
Thanks to the kind folks who bought and donated books today, especially the elderly couple who gave me a bag o' books in Russian, several of which sold.
Read vic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment