Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 11/19

I had a nice surprise early this morning. I check my book sale stats every Saturday. Killing, out a little more than a week on Kindle, was ranked 65,000+, the highest any of my books has ever risen. The version of A Hitch in Twilight is currently 600,000+. I have to temper my enthusiasm, as this may translate to only three or so sales. If the ranking stays below 100,000 for a long period, then I think it's safe to assume the book is selling regularly. Whatever - thanks to anyone who has bought it.
There are a couple of interesting political articles on the web today. One on Fox.com says that almost half the members of Congress are part of the hated one percent, 140 Republicans and 110 Democrats. This should surprise no one.
A piece at Yahoo details the fraud occurring in the 64.7 billion dollar food stamp program. Thousands of merchants are paying cash for them at less than face value and pocketing the difference. People then use the money to purchase other items in the stores where the illegal transactions have taken place. Leave it to human beings. They will always find a way to finagle. The government has signed a 25 million dollar ten year contract with a security firm that investigates fraud. It is estimated that there was 330 million dollars worth of it in this program alone last year. This too should surprise no one.
I neglected to thank Dawn, who yesterday was kind enough to stop by the floating bookshop, despite the cold, and purchase Roger Boger's Your Einstein Complex, which helps one unlock the inner genius. Today Jack, employee of Chase, bought three more thrillers and gave me some advice on purchasing bond funds. Thank you, sir, and to the young lady who bought a self help book.
Read Vic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment