Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 4/1

Wow! I just signed a million dollar publishing deal - not! April Fool. Too bad mother nature is playing her own trick - it still feels like February. Fortunately, it looks like no one in the area got the snow the news people delight in predicting. Don't those smiling faces just love doom and gloom? Unfortunately, the world gives them plenty to report. And they will milk it for all it's worth, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, pounding it home long after we've gotten the point.
It was raining when I left the building. I had no choice but to go to the viaduct to set up shop. I was not optimistic. My only hope was that Yelena, who I'd dubbed the "Romance Lady" before learning her name, would show. Sure enough she did, on her way to a coffee run at the bagel shop on East 16th. "Hollywood Husbands!" she said, excited, seeing it displayed. "I'll see you on my way back." She also purchased two by Fern Michaels, and one each by Debbie Macomber and Maeve Binchy. And of course she overpaid, whereupon I offered her Hollywood Moms, a beautiful pictorial book of actresses and their children, photographed in lush black and white. She was thrilled and again dubbed me: "Awesome!" It is how I describe her. Thanks, my dear.
Fringe is a repeat tonight, so it looks like I will be watching Iron Man 2, courtesy of Netflix. I was not as enthusiastic about the first as were reviewers. Maybe going in with lower expectations this time will lead to a pleasant surprise. Lately, actions films have a similar sameness as the mystery/thriller novels I've been sampling.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment