Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Writer's Life 5/29 - Oops

There's just something about Roseanne Barr that has always turned me off. She gives me the creeps. Since she has always been a loose cannon, her tweet came as no surprise. She should have known that the only artists free to make racist comments are rappers. Man, I hate it when offenders apologize. It's so transparent. She took a lot of money out of the pockets of everyone else involved with her show. As much as I dislike her, I doubt she's racist. It was probably a momentary lapse in judgment, the edgy type she's exhibited several times in the past. I wonder if reruns of the old show will also be yanked. I hope so. They may be replaced by something I might like, although that's doubtful if it would be another sitcom.


Here's fodder for sci-fi writers, culled from the Weird But True column in the NY Post and a CBS TV website, edited by yours truly: "Federal and local authorities are investigating mysterious booms in Pennsylvania counties. Police say there have been multiple reports of loud explosions. There have been no shortages of theories, but still no answer as to why so many residents have been jolted by mysterious and near-deafening sounds. All have taken place between two and 4:30 AM." Since I've become an expert on gas in this my seventh decade, that's my guess.

Mike, pushing 80, frequently visits the floating book shop and occasionally donates books. He was a union guy for 50 years, working for the city. I laughed today when he recalled walking a picket line in Manhattan on a cold winter night in 1965, and afterward catching the one AM showing of Goldfinger at a nearby theater.

My thanks to the Frenchman, who purchased Women in Ancient Rome by Paul Chrystal; to Michael, who selected two paperback romances; to the gentleman who bought two books in Russian; and to the woman who took home a novel by her countryman Paul Coelho, The Zahir.

No comments:

Post a Comment