Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 3/26 - Errors

The good news: I received a file for my fourth novel, Exchanges, from WheelMan Press, which requires my approval before it goes to press. The bad news: I've found 17 errors in the first 120 pages. I'm reviewing it in Adobe format. Many of the corrections I submitted two months ago were not done. New errors have cropped up - spacing, reverse or misplaced quotation marks. I assume the publisher was unable to find the previous corrections, as our Word programs probably do not match up. My Adobe program is read only. I can't make the corrections myself on my PC. I'm not even sure the publisher would allow it. I've asked my nieces if they have the program. If one does, I will request to do the corrections myself. If that is denied, I will submit another list, which I've been amassing in long hand for now. There shouldn't be any difference from an Adobe file on my PC and any other, so the errors should be easier to pin out. My worry is that the publisher will lose patience with me and back out of the deal. It would be in our best interests to issue the cleanest product possible. This will probably delay publication further.

Political Man visited the floating book shop today. He is very excited about the Supreme Court's review of the gay marriage issue. Approval is coming, if not now, in the near future. Those of us who believe marriage is between a man and woman are dying off. Most of the young have already been converted. Will it be another nail in America's coffin or is it another step forward in civil rights? Time will tell. I don't care what consenting adults do in their bedrooms, but I will never accept some of those practices as good or right. I might respect everything about a person but his sexual proclivities. I doubt I'll ever be comfortable in the presence of a male homosexual. I always hope Political Man will leave quickly, although I bear him no ill will. I feel the same way about Ol' Smokey, a heterosexual, who stopped by for about an hour today. I always sense he scares away potential customers. He was in rare form, gabbing non-stop and largely nonsensically for at least an hour. At least he wasn't coughing up a storm. That always has me covering my mouth discreetly. For the past month he's been picking up free supplies from St. Mark's. I feel sorry for him, but I'm always relieved when he leaves.

A friend suggested I set up shop elsewhere, as the neighborhood has a vast Jewish population and Passover has begun. I'm glad I did not heed her advice, as business was better than usual. My thanks to the folks who bought books, especially to woman who chose the huge pictorial on the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, and the gentleman who purchased the humongous text on emergency care.
Vic's Third Novel (Print or Kindle): http://tinyurl.com/7e9jty3
Vic's Website: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/
Vic's Short Story Collection (Print or Kindle): http://www.tiny.cc/Oycgb
Vic's 2nd Novel: http://tinyurl.com/6b86st6
Vic's 1st Novel: http://tiny.cc/94t5h
Vic's Screenplay on Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/cyckn3

No comments:

Post a Comment