Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 1/28

There's an interesting article at Yahoo about the press conference after the recent North Carolina-North Carolina State basketball game, State's 11th consecutive loss in the rivalry. Junior forward Scott Wood was asked how it felt. He looked at the reporter and said: "Has your wife ever cheated on you? That's probably how frustrating it is." The kid is a thinker. I hope he doesn't catch guff for the spontaneous statement from professional busybodies.
Now playing on the 57 Chevy Radio stream: Lesley Gore's follow up to It's My Party, Judy's Turn to Cry. Johnny can't make up his mind about them. Hey, girls - he's not worth it. But the songs did put money in Gore's pocket. At least I hope so. In those days music moguls were notorious swindlers.
Tonight PBS is running the Steve McQueen-Faye Dunaway version of The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), famous for The Kiss, a long mash by the stars that was risque in its day and ho-hum now. I'll give it a look. I'm particularly interested into some artsy-fartsy split screen stuff the film introduced. I wonder how closely it resembles what is done these days in movies and on TV.
I thank the folks who purchased books this afternoon on Bay Parkway, and Joanne, who donated another bag of popular novels and promised 100 more tomorrow. She is moving this week.
Thanks also to Judy, who purchased Killing on Kindle. She and her husband Jim, my best buddy from college, just became grandparents for the fourth time. Congratulations to Lisa and Todd. Lisa was a heckuva point guard in high school.
I will complete the editing of Victoria Valentine's Love Dreams this evening, which means the process to get Killing into print will commence shortly. I can't wait to get it into the hands of my biggest fan, my sister.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature

No comments:

Post a Comment