Total Pageviews

Friday, January 20, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 1/20

A year ago I was suffering terrible hip pain. I don't know if it was arthritis, bursitis or simply degeneration. There were a couple of nights the pain was so severe I was afraid it was bone cancer. Fortunately, Ibuprofen relieved the pain. Gradually, with the help of exercise, the hip improved 90%. At the height of the problem, it felt as if it were going to break apart whenever I hustled to beat a traffic light. Later, it simply felt as if my right leg was dragging, limping. To my astonishment this morning, I felt nothing when I broke into a jog. Perhaps time has been the big healer it usually is. The only thing I've been doing differently the past month is taking a supplement, Bio-Curcumin 5-Loxin, a natural product sold by Invite Health, which is affiliated with Pfizer, a huge pharmaceutical company. The instructions say take two per day. Ever cautious and thrifty, I've been taking one. It's about 50 bucks for a supply of 60. I plan to let it run out to see what happens. If the hip slips, I'll buy more. Anyone with any kind of joint pain should look into it. There's nothing to lose but a little money.
Jack stopped by on his way to another protest downtown. The focus this time is the web piracy laws congress is contemplating. He will be on the steps of a courthouse, wearing a frock with the names of evil corporations on it, a noose around his neck. He was hanging around with Al Sharpton the other day. He gave the reverend an OWS T-shirt and button. I don't know what to think of the piracy laws. My first instinct is always that politicians will make things worse. Jack pointed to the CDs I had on display and said it was piracy. I suppose it is, even though I paid for most of the songs. Others I received from a friend. Maybe I should wear an eye-patch and a puffy shirt.
Thanks to the folks at Pinecone Research for the deposit into my Paypal account, which I'm building toward a purchase of print copies of Killing. I have about 75 pages left to edit of Victoria Valentine's Love Dreams, then we'll work on preparing my novel. I'm getting antsy.
It was cold today. I had nine novels in Russian spread across the ledge of the garden that surrounds the apartment building where I usually operate the floating bookshop. A lot of people stopped to take a look, but only Grandma made a purchase. I closed up a little early. As I was doing so, a woman came along and bought Sandra Brown's Best Kept Secrets. Thanks, ladies.
RIP Etta James, 73, the songstress who gave us the beautiful At Last.
Read Vic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment