Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 10/29

When the weathergirl on Channel 12 said it would snow today, I scoffed - in October in New York City? Come on, get real. Well, it started as rain and began changing over on my way back from McDonalds, Crispy Southwest Salad in hand. By the time I gave my sister a lift at noon, visibility was as bad as it gets. Traffic was slowed to 40mph on the Belt Parkway. My windows refused to de-fog, although I had the blower blasting. Thank goodness for taillights. I just went to CVS for some milk, 5PM, and things aren't much better, although there isn't a lot of accumulation. I don't get it - it's not that cold. I assume it is in the upper reaches of the atmosphere. I'd hate to be north of the city right now. Global Cooling sucks. I know, I know - it's called Climate Change these days. The best thing about all this is that the slush will melt quickly. The forecast is for sun and temperatures in the 50's the next two days. I plan to set up the floating bookshop on Bay Parkway tomorrow.
There's one good thing about such weather, I can put in a lot of time editing Bob Rubenstein's second novel, The White Bridge. It looks like I will get through it before it kills me. I wasn't sure about that for a while. I stayed with it because the story is so good. The telling of it must be improved. By the end of the night, I should have less than 50 pages to go, then I will be able to concentrate on posting my next novel, Killing, on amazon's Kindle. Why wait? I can multi-task on most things, but my literary efforts mean too much to me. I refuse to divide my concentration.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment