Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 10/25

My buddy Bags worked his magic on Powerpoint and came up with a back cover for my latest novel, Killing, which I plan to publish directly and exclusively to Kindle. Again, any comments, positive or negative, will be appreciated. Click to enlarge.
The floating bookshop is now visited daily by Viktor the Ukranian. When I ask how he's doing, he says: "Good now that I see you." Today he was on his way to return a coat his wife of 35 years said made him look like a pregnant bear. He described the missus as a nasty snake, and his marriage as unhappy. Too bad. He's so nice.
I am no fan of Cardinals' manager Tony LaRussa, although he's Italian-American. He seems like a conceited jerk, but he is as good as managers get. It's amazing how rabid the press is when someone of such stature commits a gaffe. No one knows how the game would have turned out had he summoned the other pitcher, but I do know the Cardinals failed to hit in several opportunities with runners in scoring position. A manager can make a team a contender, but he cannot win a championship. That is is up to the players. What will the press say if the Cards come back to win the Series? As for me, go Texas.
I knew it would be a good day when Cabbie pulled his hack up to the curb, climbed out, and bought three paperbacks, including Harold Robbins' The Pirate. And a woman bought two of the novels in Russian donated yesterday. The one she left behind, she explained, was a translation of a Danielle Steele book set on the Titanic, which she'd already read.
Thanks, folks.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment