Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 10/22

Thank you to the gentleman who purchased three books today on Bay Parkway, including a heavy tome on The Arts, and to the young lady who bought JT LeRoy's controversial The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things. A friend of hers recently won a novel contest at amazon, where the prize was publication. I am green with envy. I've entered a few contests through the years and never even rated an honorable mention. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the title, although Cannibals was part of it, used metaphorically. It's not a thriller. I had no luck running a search on it.
I took some pictures with my brother in law's camera, trying to come up with a cover for a novel I hope to put on Kindle. Since it's about an Italian-American family and takes place in the heart of Bensonhurst, I thought that famous street sign might work. My buddy Bags worked some magic with PowerPoint, and here are the results. Feel free to comment positively or negatively:
Here's another:
Read Vic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jen. My instincts say the second. Either way, I'll use the other for the back, superimposed below the text.

    ReplyDelete