Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/29

It was a gorgeous day, the temperature ideal thanks to intermittent cloud clover. I was disappointed that I didn't do much business, but at least it wasn't a shutout, and I did gain a lot more books, courtesy of Joanne, who returned from hiatus with two shopping bags full of popular fiction, including one filled entirely with Ed McBains. Uncle Charlie Grizzly Bear has been asking me for weeks if I had any more. Well, I do now, thanks to the benefactor I'd told him had gone missing.
A Chinese man stopped by, curious. He has three books in print too, translations he's done into his native tongue, including one of Hungarian children's stories. He's not selling many, either. Good luck, sir.
About a year and a half ago, a beautiful Asian-American dental assistant, nine months pregnant, bought some books from me. I kidded that she was "Hardcore," working so late into her pregnancy. She laughed, fortunately. I was smitten. She bought books a couple of times more. When I hadn't seen her for months I assumed she and her husband had bought a house and moved. Man, she looks great. No one would ever guess she has two kids. She looks like a 20-year-old college kid. Eat your heart out, Vic. I hope her husband appreciates what he's got. Her son is now on his feet and pulling books from shelves and tossing them about.
I've mentioned my literary angel, Victoria Valentine, several times. She's been on a tear, publishing a book of her own romantic poems, Desert Moon, and expanding her publishing operation at Water Forest Press. She is catching the digital wave and just bought a reader. I will stick with hard copies, although I appreciate that A Hitch in Twilight is available on Kindle. I know it's the future, but I'll leave that up to others. Anyway, in the whirlwind that VV has caught, she has managed to make Adjustments, my second novel, previously available only through me, available at Abe's books. And the price is only ten buck, plus shipping. She rocks. Here's a link to the site: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=vic+fortezza&sts=t&tn=adjustments&x=57&y=18 
Of course, signed copies are still available through me, total cost $15.
Thanks to the kind Russian woman who purchased two romance novels. I should say: Spasiba.

No comments:

Post a Comment