Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/4

The floating bookshop was rained out today.
In a country of 300 million that values free speech, as America does, there will be various opinions, and some will be very annoying. For instance:
There are those who believe FDR knew of the impending attack on Pearl Harbor and allowed it to happen so that war would lead the country out of the Great Depression.
There are those who believe the CIA had a hand in the assassination of JFK.
There are those who believe the moon landing was a hoax.
There are those who believe the Twin Towers were brought down by President Bush and Dick Cheney.
Now there are those who believe the killing of Bin Laden was staged.
I don't believe any of those things. I believe in America - even when it is being governed by those whose policies I deplore. I believe in Americans - even when they are making choices or voicing opinions that infuriate me - and that includes dear friends on Facebook. I support the water-boarding of terrorists. How ironic that a President so opposed to it has gained his first shining moment as a result of it, and may be re-elected because of it. As Spock would say: "Fascinating."
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment