Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/21

The older one gets, the tougher it is to celebrate a birthday. I turned 61 today. I celebrate the great cards I got from my niece Tanya, who lives in Denver, and my sister, Carmela, who stuffed some cash into it hers. I celebrate the kind Russian woman who purchased a Nora Roberts thriller this afternoon on Bay Parkway, and the young woman who, minutes later, bought a Dr. Atkins cook book and Destination Mars, a beautiful pictorial work. I celebrate a phone call from my mom's former home attendant, Germania, who has not forgotten me, although it has been eight years since my mom's passing. I will be celebrating at 6PM - if the world doesn't end. I celebrate the publication Desert Moon, the Lost Poetry of Victoria Valentine, who through the years has included twelve of my stories in her fabulous publications and published my second novel, Adjustments. The latest story, The Unknowable, a simple slice of life, is included in the fourth edition of Literary House Review, which will be available shortly. It is the 52nd of my stories to see the light of day. It is available online here: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/the-unknowable.html. It's about a ten-minute-read. As always, my other stories can be read, free, here: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment