Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/10

No luck on the street today.
My friend, Victoria Valentine, publisher of Water Forest Press, which published my novel, Adjustments, asked me to edit and review Eric Tessier's short story collection, The Endless Journey. I wasn't crazy about it, but hope I'm as wrong as I've been about so much popular literature, music and film. I had fun writing a review that is at once true and conceals my opinion. Here it is:
Welcome to the bizarre realm of Eric Tessier. Follow the maze that is his mind. Beware of the mirrors, trap doors, dead ends, and shadows and what lurks in them. This collection will force one into corners, make one want to run  and hide. Attention fans of weird tales. Vampires, ghosts, murderers, beasts - these stories are rife with them. From snowy landscapes to voracious swamps, the reader is led on a journey of terror and suspense. Blood - so much blood, enough to slake the gluttonous thirst of Nosferatu. Deaths - so many deaths, enough to delight the cold, cold hear of the Grim Reaper. Down, down into the dark depths of humanity the author will take you. Fight, claw back up to the light. The devil’s in the details. Tessier - Eric Tessier -  a fresh voice in terror that whispers, calls and screams through alleys and the underground. Brought to you by the twisted sisters of Water Forest Press. Straight jacket required. Caution - curl up with these stories at your own risk. They will keep you wide awake. Nighty night, children.  - Vic Fortezza, author of Close to the Edge, Adjustments & A Hitch in Twilight
Read Vic's stories, free: http://vicfortezza.homestead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment