Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Writer's Life 12/30 - Surprise, Surprise

The following were gleaned from today's NY Post: President Trump has frozen the pay of federal workers. Given the deficit and debt, there should be no raises until it returns to a reasonable level, and those serving in congress should get a big reduction in pay. Of course, none of that will ever happen... I'd thought the unintended consequences of the legalization of marijuana had been fairly benign until I read about this: In Colorado, those who tested positive for pot in car crashes that resulted in fatalities rose 145% in the period from 2013-'16... From the Weird But True column: A London woman concerned about her dad's weight gave him an unusual Christmas present. Given his love of the ping-pong-ball shaped Ferrero Rocher chocolates, she used their gold wrapping to surprise him. She sure did. Inside were brussel sprouts. No word on whether she's been disinherited.


Here's an lol from an article at foxnews.com: "Organizers of a Women’s March rally slated for Northern California next month have canceled the event, saying they were concerned that participants would have been 'overwhelmingly white.'" No truth to the rumor that casting has begun for a new sitcom titled Leave It Liberals.  "Gee, dad..."


I've completed work on the first proof copy of Inside Out. I made 42 changes in its 264 pages. I converted the file from Word to PDF, which KDP prefers. As I was scanning it for line and paragraph breaks, I spotted an error. I've left the apostrophe off comin. If that's the only mistake, I'll be very happy and approve the book for publication. I've ordered the second proof copy.

My thanks to the woman who bought two books in Russian, and to the gentleman who purchased a compilation of bios entitled American Singers that features artists from the pre-rock-n-roll era.

No comments:

Post a Comment