Total Pageviews

Friday, December 28, 2018

The Writer's Life 12/28 - Postings

There are interesting two-page spreads in today's NY Post. Christopher F. Rufo writes about the insane homeless problem in Seattle, which is spending nearly $100,000 per vagrant in its county... An article by Yoav Gonen, Cedar Attansio & Bruce Golding tackles NYC's solution to abandoned needles in Bronx parks - receptacles. Of the 66,656 discarded syringes, 7300, 11%, were put into the bins. Is anyone surprised?


There are a couple of chuckles today in Phil Mushnick's sports media column in the Post. Commenting on the sad state of college football and its see-no-evil TV coverage, he writes: "Reminds me of the news report: 'A large sinkhole formed on a Queens street today. Police are looking into it.'" And: "Three Alabama players are suspended from the Orange Bowl for 'unspecified violations of team rules.' Must be serious. My guess is that Nick Saban caught them in the library." Kudos.

Guess which ex-president's new property in DC will have a ten-foot wall around it.

Through 223 pages of the first proof of Inside Out, I've made 35 corrections. 40 pages to go.

The floating book shop was rained out today. At least it's not snow. Since I had a $50 Macy's gift card, I visited King's Plaza for the first time in more than a year. It looks good, clean. It seems the world famous store is selling only designer brands these days, which eliminated any possibility of buying sunglasses there. Like ZZ Top, I like mine cheap, and will probably get a pair at CVS or Stop n Shop. So I concentrated on need. I bought grossly overpriced underwear and a belt on sale for $22. There was two bucks left on the card, which I handed to the next person in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment