Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Writer's Life 12/12 - Grave Matters

A tisket, a tasket, a pink and silver casket. Polish coffin-makers Lindner has published a calendar since 2010. The price for the 2019's is £30. Here's one of the pics. "I love, I love my calendat girl...":


The left is hoping Michael Cohen's payments on behalf of President Trump to Stormy Daniels and the Playboy model will be ruled illegal campaign contributions and be grounds for an indictment. According to an editorial at chicagotribune.com, since 1997 the swamp has shelled out $15.2 million of taxpayer money in a hush fund created to silence complaints against congressmen accused of sexual harassment. Now that's bipartisanship.

I was watching a video at youtube today and the guy in it mentioned tvfool.com, which is designed for those who opt to use an over-the-air antenna. Once, there, I punched in my area code, 11235, and a chart came up indicating the stations that should be available at my location. At the top of the list is ABC, the origin of the signal only 9.1 miles away. For some reason I don't receive it, probably because I'm on the second floor of a six story building. WPIX is the same distance away, and it doesn't come in either. 

Yesterday when I submitted the novel I intend to self-publish a message came up stating that the margins on many pages needed to be adjusted or words would be cut off at the outer edge. I followed the instructions given and the page count increased considerably. That would increase the production cost. On a hunch I decided to reduce the font to ten-point. That solved the issue, and reduced the page count from 304 to 261. Trouble is, I forgot to add page numbers to the new file - duh! That will delay the process at least another day. Oy.

The forecast was wrong again. Clouds rolled into the area and it got so cold I had to close the floating book shop about 40 minutes earlier than planned. My thanks to the gentleman who bought a book in Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment