Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Writer's Life 12/27 - Short Takes

52 law enforcement officers have been shot to death in the line of duty this year, up from 46 in 2017.


CNN cited the following as a possible breech of guidelines that forbids active members of the military from participating in “political activities."


There's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Now there's Selfie Wrist. Let the bogus lawsuits begin.


A gentleman told me today that Will Ferrel is a son of one of the Righteous Brothers. Since I was sure I would have heard it before, I looked it up at IMDb. Lee Ferrell was actually a longtime keyboardist and saxophonist for the group. Here are father & son back in the day:


Through 187 pages of the first proof copy of Inside Out, I've made 32 corrections. Many involve paragraph breaks.

Despite the gorgeous day, business was terrible at the floating book shop. There were plenty of browsers but only one buyer. My thanks to the gentleman who purchased a DVD of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), which I found very disappointing, by far the weakest of the four entries in the series. I wonder if my opinion would change if I gave it a second look.

No comments:

Post a Comment