Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Writer's Life 10/25 - Creativity

I hardly ever glean anything from Cindy Adams' gossip column in the NY Post. Today she closes with a gem, graffiti seen on Queens Boulevard: "Political pros don't grow on trees. They swing from them." Her closing tag has always been: "Only in New York, kids, only in New York." Unfortunately, I was unable to find a pic of the quote on the web.

From Fox News, in my own words: Jack Devaney, 24, has an interesting livelihood. The British taxidermist makes earrings and refrigerator magnets out of dead mice. He has also made a toaster out of a rabbit, and has used intestines to make key rings. The earrings are selling for the equivalent of $15.50 American. Here are examples of his work:




My thanks to the woman who bought three romance novels in Russian, the only sale of the session. About a year ago, Lev donated approximately 400 books, 300 of them in Russian. I had about six left, two on pregnancy and four sci-fi, when a woman donated seven as I was closing shop. That part of the inventory needed variety. My thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment