Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Writer's Life 10/2 - Odds & Ends

Regarding the new NAFTA agreement - once again it seems President Trump knows a lot more about business and getting things done than his critics. I have no idea if it will be a plus in the long run, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Anyone will guess the intent of the following pic:


In a great op-ed piece in today's NY Post, Rich Lowry has the audacity to suggest that literary hero Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird would not fare well in the current political climate. After all, he defends an accused rapist. Lowry also suggests the beloved novel has lost its validity and appeal, given current standards. Kudos, sir. 


Episode Two of Manifest was interesting but not nearly as good as the first. I'll watch number three, hoping it gets better.

In watching the NFL highlights on youtube, it seems QB's are running more this season, including on designed plays... I still have two games to view, but I doubt there will be a more eye-popping play than Patrick Mahomes, righthanded Chief's QB, completing a pass lefthanded for a first down to Tyreek Hill on the go ahead drive. Here's a still:


No luck trying to sell books on the street today. There was an interesting moment, however. A woman with a heavy accent was interested in Danielle Steel in paperback. Unfortunately, I had only hardcover. I mentioned that I had one in Russian, and the woman said: "To read Danielle Steel in Russian in America - shame." A little harsh, but then again I'm biased, as I've sold many such books.

No comments:

Post a Comment