Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Writer's Life 1/11 - Politics, True Love & More

According to an article in today's NY Post, NYC's limousine Marxist mayor is following California's lead in trying to shakedown oil companies for damages incurred by storms caused by climate change. Why doesn't he try to run his town without the use of any fossil fuels - for just a few minutes? I'm sure his constituents would love what would ensue.

I was very disappointed to read that President Trump may support the restoration of earmarks to expedite the passage of bills. I hope he changes his mind. Congress already squanders billions on useless items such as the infamous Bridge to Nowhere.

From Yahoo's Odd News comes a great Awwww moment. A Minnesota aviation student took his girlfriend on a flight and flew over the following, which he written in the snow:


Also in the true love category - an Arizona couple being chased by police crashed their SUV in the desert, got out and embraced before being arrested. The 35-year-old male was charged with suspicion of criminal damage, unlawful flight and other offenses. Here's a pic:


The second episode of season eleven of The X-Files was far superior to the first, but still well short of the heights to which it soared in its best years. This morning a radio piece on entertainment said Gillian Anderson will not return if there is a season twelve. If the first two episodes of 2018 are any indication, the show must not go on.

I've finally found a solution to a bedeviling formatting problem regarding my ninth book, Present and Past. It dawned on me to ask Google. Sure enough, others have been baffled as to why the right margin does not remain consistent. In some instances, sentences were only 20 or so characters long. I eliminated much of the problem by using a template from DiggyPod. That took a lot of air out of the book, reducing it from 321 pages to 256. Still, the issue persisted in places. Someone named CyberTaz at microsoft.com addressed it. It will be a tedious process. I've done 112 pages so far. The count should drop a little more. I should probably order a third proof copy, which will delay publication, although I may risk using the Create Space online checker, approving the book if things look good, then ordering only three copies from Amazon, and ordering more if everything is okay with those. I hope I remember all the procedures when it's time to get serious about next year's book.

I was back at my usual nook today. I got a lot of hugs, kisses, handshakes and best wishes for a happy new year. My thanks to the young man who purchased Leon Uris' Exodus, to the other who bought Ziglar on Selling by Zig Ziglar, to the old-timer who selected a book in Russian, and to the gentleman who chose Mario Puzo's Fools Die
Vic's Sixth novel: http://tinyurl.com/zpuhucj 
Vic's Short Works: http://tinyurl.com/jy55pzc

No comments:

Post a Comment