Total Pageviews

Friday, December 22, 2017

The Writer's Life 12/22 - Hale & Hardy

I may be overlooking someone, but U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley is the most impressive woman in politics since Margaret Thatcher. May she never be corrupted by the Swamp. As for that woebegone body, the USA pays 22% of its budget. Japan is second at 9%.


RIP Dick Enberg, 82, who was at the microphone of so many the top sporting events. He always conducted himself with class and never put himself above any game. Thank you, sir.

I've proofed 114 pages of Present and Past and found 14 errors. The latest was the most egregious. It had the protagonist performing the same action twice within a few lines. Concerned that readers may conclude I was too lazy to fix the sentences that do not go all the way to the margin, I sent a private message at Facebook about the problem to my literary angel, Victoria Valentine of Water Forest Press. If it's a quirk that cannot be fixed, I'll add a note to the book's Acknowledgments.

My thanks to the lady and gentleman who each bought a book in Russian, and to Marsha, who purchased Danielle Steel's Precious Gifts; and to the woman who picked up a children's book as I was hauling wares back to the old Hyundai. Special thanks to Marie, who donated a large cache, most of which were cookbooks. I showed my appreciation by giving her a copy of Five Cents. She has been one of my biggest supporters, having read most of my books and even taking the time to rate several at Amazon. Noting the vinyl albums I had on display, she asked if I would partner in selling hers. Gladly - as I soon as I sell most of Mayor Mike's.
Vic's Sixth novel: http://tinyurl.com/zpuhucj 
Vic's Short Works: http://tinyurl.com/jy55pzc

No comments:

Post a Comment