Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Writer's Life 12/14 - Gifts

An amendment has been proposed for the tax bill wherein people may withdraw up to 25% from a retirement account at a tax rate of just 10% instead of the government ripoff now in effect. This has been proposed since 1984 by the NY Post's John Crudele in his business column. He believes the spending that ensues will be a boon to the economy and government coffers. Speaking of which, I don't recall seeing so many delivery packages left in my building during the holiday season. I hope it reflects a healthy economy and not simply wishful thinking on my part, my desire to see President Trump succeed.



Here are two fun letters kids sent to Santa, gleaned from smosh.com:





I just ordered the proof copy of Present and Past, the novel I hope to self-publish shortly. I will read it and, if I find errors, make corrections and resubmit. 

The snow was brief and the sun appeared bright and strong, luring the floating book shop to Bay Parkway. My thanks to Mr. Conspiracy, who settled his tab; to the gentleman who purchased four crime novels in Russian; to the elderly man who bought a Bill Clinton bio and Cynthia Freeman's Portraits; and to the middle age woman who selected The Saturday Wife by Naomi Ragen. Not bad for a winter's day.
Vic's Sixth novel: http://tinyurl.com/zpuhucj 
Vic's Short Works: http://tinyurl.com/jy55pzc

No comments:

Post a Comment