Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/2

I experienced something freaky yesterday. I devoted part of the blog to the Alice in Chains song "Man in the Box." One of its lines is: "Can you sew my eyes shut?" Minutes later I went to my email account and clicked on a message from Morpheus Tales, which published a story of mine, Pristine, several years ago. To my delight, it is included in its first Best of volume. That's not the weird part, although it's the first time I've ever had the honor of being included in such a book. The cover is of a woman whose eyes have been sewn shut!
I'm thinking of buying shares of Facebook once it goes public. I won't be able to buy many, as God knows how high the price will be after the insiders and the members of congress get first crack at it. I don't want to miss it, as I have Amazon, Netflix and Google, of which I was an avid admirer. Warning: I may be the kiss of death, as I have been with Zipcar, which is half the value of where I bought it. FB has 800,000,00 users. That is staggering. Kudos to Mark Zuckerberg and its co-founders.
74 people were killed after an Egyptian soccer match when fans of the huge underdog home team stormed the field and began throwing stones at their rivals. Is their anything as backward as the Muslim world? Sheesh.
Puxatawney Phil may have seen his shadow, but his distant cousin, Brooklyntawney Bob, did not. It was cold out on the street today. I thank the Merry Mailwoman, who purchased thrillers by Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich in bulk, and to Dawn and Brett, who bought Thomas Harris' Hannibal, and to Grandma and a Russian gentleman, who bought books in their native tongue. I also got a hug and kiss from lovely young Alisa, who has moved to Park Slope and was visiting her parents. I imagine a young man has taken her. I hope he appreciates how lucky he is. I am green with envy.
Read more about the compilation here:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/morpheus-tales-the-best-weird-fiction-volume-1/18858796

No comments:

Post a Comment