Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 12/16

After a two day hiatus, the floating bookshop reopened. I had plenty of company, as a work crew was planting trees along East 13th. What a racket: two dump trucks, a cement and earth mover, and ten boisterous men. The street has yet to be paved, two weeks after it was torn up. Vehicles, including mine, have a thick, ugly layer of dust on them. And it's futile to wash them, as the streets in the entire area have been prepared. It looks like it will be another week before they get to ours.
I can hardly believe it, but Killing will be going to print soon. My literary angel, Victoria Valentine, and her husband, a Vietnam vet, both loved it. I've been editing V's romance novel, Love Dreams. I was expecting a free copy of the next anthology she publishes that contains one of my short stories. I was blown away when she offered to put Killing into print as a Water Forest Press book. All I have to do is buy copies, on which I'll eventually turn a profit. The best thing about it is that my biggest fan, my sister, will get to read it. She will never buy a Kindle. This is the best Christmas present I've ever received.
Now playing on Live 365: Fire by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Whenever I hear it I recall an incident from my college days. There was a smoky, minor blaze in a dorm room. As fire trucks came on the scene, one joker put his stereo speakers in the window and cranked out the aforementioned song, eliciting cheers from onlookers.
Bob Rubenstein dropped by. The White Bridge is getting closer to publication. He will soon receive a copy for final approval. Understandably, he's on edge. I'm sure I will be about Killing in the next few weeks. It's almost as if you're afraid you'll drop dead before you see it in print.
I thank the kind woman who purchased four hard cover thrillers and the Russian gentleman who overpaid for three paperbacks.
ReadVic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment