Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 6/15

Here are some quotes, some silly, some profound, that have struck a chord in me:
Michael Ray Richardson, NY Knicks point guard, on the team's troubles: "The ship be sinkin'." My all-time favorite. I chuckle whenever I recall it.
Master thief Willie Sutton when asked why he robbed banks: "That's where the money is." Crystalline logic and a slap in the face to all psychologists.
An angel to Mary Magdalen on her way to Jesus' tomb: "Why do you seek the living among the dead?" Absolutely touching.
Teri Hatcher to Jerry Seinfeld on whether she's had a boob job: "They're real and they're spectacular." I bet they are.
A boy to Shoeless Joe Jackson on the accusation the White Sox threw the 1919 World Series: "Say it so, Joe." Out of the mouths of babes.... Wonderful even if it's mythology, the creation of a sportswriter.
Pope John Paul: "Be not afraid." Great advice. We would accomplish so much more if not for our fears.
Oscar Wilde: "I can resist everything but temptation." This resonates because I've so frequently fought off temptation - to my own frustration.
Tom Clancy: "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." One of my goals as a writer is to try to make sense of the bittersweet mystery of life. It's a losing battle.
Marie's CD donation has already begun to pay dividends, as Vinnie bought Pink Floyd and Pearl Jam today. Thanks, goombah.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment