Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 6/10

It was a great day at the floating bookshop. Most of my regulars showed. Alisa is in her first year at the New School, a liberal college in Manhattan. She took a class on piano. Playing less than one year, she passed her test, learning a piece by Chopin. At a party the other night, she sat at a Steinway and improvised some blues. Obviously, she has an affinity for music. She spotted a book on Ethics and was disappointed I had set it aside for mailman extraordinaire, Mr. Chou. That's the kind of stuff she reads. Clearly, she is on a higher intellectual plain than most of us. Of course, Mr. Chou didn't want it.
Alexander the Poet followed up on my recommendation of lulu.com and is awaiting a phone call from them, which he is more comfortable with than web exchanges. And my man Bob Rubenstein, author of Ghost Runners, is 37,000 words into his second novel. He has asked me to edit, and I look forward to it.
The following was in the Weird But True section of today’s New York Post. I hope you find it as amusing as I did: A computer tech pulled a scam straight out of "Revenge of the Nerds." When the Fullerton, Calif., geek fixed laptops for female customers, he secretly installed a Webcam program, authorities said. He then told the women to take the computers into their steamy bathrooms while they showered in order to keep the machines clean. Several women fell for the line, leading to the arrest of the nasty geek.
People are endlessly fascinating.
Thanks to Susan, Giggles Pulaski, Uncle Charlie Grizzly Bear, and a first-time young customer for buying books to day.
All the links at my alternate website are now live: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment