Total Pageviews

Monday, February 4, 2013

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 2/4 - Postgame

I hope Ray Lewis spends the rest of his life more gracefully than he has up till now. He must realize how blessed he's been, not only to have won two Super Bowls but to walk on charges of Criminal Conspiracy and Obstruction of Justice. Perhaps his atonement will begin immediately. He can start by being a good father to the six children he's had with four different women. As for the game, it was very entertaining. Since I've coached football myself, I hate to second guess coaches, who spend so much time with their team and so much thinking about it off the field. Given the fact that the Ravens best defensive lineman was sidelined, I would have run Frank Gore four straight times when it was first and goal. Of course, my nature is conservative, and the modern NFL is anything but. As for the halftime show, I'm completely unfamiliar with Beyonce's music, but I've always enjoyed seeing her picture in the NY Post. She looked great, as did her former Destiny's Child mates. At that point I was concentrating more on the fabulous goodies my friends Adam and Sharon cooked up. The ribs were outrageous. This was the first SB party at their new home in Marine Park, a less than ten-minute drive from my apartment in Sheepshead Bay. The house was one of many built for veterans of WWI. It is cozy and beautiful. Kal, their son, is studying film at Brooklyn College. Kayla, a freshman at Goldstein High School, is on the girls' varsity basketball team. She sees playing time during routs. She is going to be at least as tall as her mom, and I bet she will be an outstanding player by the time she's a senior. She, her brother, and their friends thought the chips ad with the dogs was the best of the lot. The one that stood out most in my mind was the nerd kissing beautiful model Bar Rafaeli. If it were me, I would have been asking the director to do take after take: "I know I can do it better." As for those who were offended by the white guy's Jamaican accent -- "Get a life, mon." This marks the unofficial end of the holiday season and we can now all get back to a sensible diet.

The state government of Texas has a 5.5 billion dollar surplus. Governor Rick Perry wants to amend the Lone Star's constitution in order to refund the money to the taxpayers. I'm still baffled by Perry's awful performance in the race for the Republican party presidential nomination. Then again, perhaps previous Republican governors, including the evil George Bush, have made it a place so hospitable to business as to now be running on its own momentum.

I would not have been able to run the floating book shop today without the perfect parking spot. I sat in the back seat watching people hurry by, faces reddened by the merciless wind. Still, it was a wise decision to open, as Marie came by with five more Swing Era CDs, and I was able to repay in part the kindness of the elderly hand-holding Russian couple, who have donated so many books to me, by giving them CDs of Tchaikovsky and Rimsky-Korsakov. Thanks, folks.
Visit Vic's sites:
Vic's Third Novel (Print or Kindle): http://tinyurl.com/7e9jty3
Vic's Website: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/
Vic's Short Story Collection (Print or Kindle): http://www.tiny.cc/Oycgb
Vic's 2nd Novel: http://tinyurl.com/6b86st6
Vic's 1st Novel: http://tiny.cc/94t5h
Vic's Screenplay on Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/cyckn3

No comments:

Post a Comment